Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Back to Work!

I signed the contract yesterday. I got the job offer on Monday, signed yesterday and will be heading back to work on Monday May 28th at 10am - gotta love those part time hours! In the end, I decided that it wasn't a bad thing - I just had to get used to the idea of returning back to work.

I think that part of the issue was that in my mind, I associated the return to work with failure. It seemed as if I was taking a step backwards, returning to what I had left, the life that I had abandoned in order to pursue creating our family full time. What I have realized that this is just another step that I need to take in our continued journey towards creating our family. I always said when I left my job that I could always return to work if I had to - well, I don't *have* to right now but that extra income would sure make things a lot easier. Besides, as someone else pointed out in a comment a while back, it would be nice to have the additional money since both babies and school cost money!!

In terms of our FET, I am waiting for AF this weekend sometime and then I get to start BCP on day 3 of my cycle. Very anticlimactic. I'm going to have to be careful though - I start Lupron on my 3rd day on the job so I will have to really watch my drug-induced-menopausal self!! Lupron-me will certainly not make a very good impression so I will have to make sure that it is just *me* that shows up for work every day.

On the TCM front, my doctor told me the other day that she thought that my pulses were improving. For those of you who are not familiar with TCM, they always feel the pulses on the inside of both wrists. There are three points on each wrist, representing different energy meridians (i.e. heart, kidney, spleen, lung, etc.) with your left wrist representing Yin energies and the right wrist representing Yang energies. She told me last time that my pulses felt like they had improved but in general, my chi was low. When I first went to see her, she said that my pulses were very high and full of anxiety (this was 1 month before my CCRM cycle!) and she said that this has been stripped away now so that she feels that it is just the underlying chi left. Interesting stuff!

We have a long weekend coming up this weekend and we have a long list of things to do around the house - repaint the garage and front doors, put sand on the interlocking stone in the front and back and plant our gardens. I will post photos of it once it has been completed.

Other than that, just enjoying my last few days before returning to work.

5 comments:

Jill M. said...

Congratulations on the job! I think this will help keep your mind off of IF 24/7. The extra $$ will be a bonus!

I also wanted to say thank you for all your comments on my blog as I go through this IVF. I've appreciated and enjoy reading them.

JJ said...

Congrats on the job!! It will make the time to FET fly by! Happy gardening at the weekend. I can't wait to see pics.

Meant to be a mom said...

That's great that you took the job. I hope it ends up being a really great experience for you.

DAVs said...

Congrats on the job! I hope it will be a great distraction and give you some extra mula!

Josée Martens said...

Congrats on the job. I am glad you are doing your spring nesting and getting the house all ready. I'll be so excited to cheer you on!