Friday, May 22, 2009

Changes

I start work on Monday and I am trying to keep sane about things. Of course, I am trying to get things done that I have been putting off for a while so I won't worry about doing them later so that has turned into a flurry of activity. Cleaning, organizing, filing, keeping our medical expenses up to date - you know, all that kind of stuff.

Today is CD5 and I have been on BCP for 3 days now in preparation for the FET. Lupron shots begin next week and then I wait to get my period after stopping BCP on the 2nd of June. After that, I will finally know when I will be heading back to Denver and I can make travel arrangements and let my new employers know when I need my week off.

I'm trying not to dwell on the FET too much...I have to admit that I am getting pretty scared about the whole thing when I really stop and allow myself to think about it. So much time and money has been invested into this cycle and I am terrified of the pain and heart break if it doesn't work. Like Sue said in her blog, the high success rates of getting a BFP when transferring CGH normal embryos used to give me such hope but the closer I get to my FET, the more my attention seems to get distracted by the small percentage that doesn't work. It's like something I didn't see before but now that I've seen it, I can't stop focussing on it. Can I please just be a part of the big percentage for once? That would be so nice...

I'm still taking my Chinese herbs although I'm sure CCRM would disapprove if they knew. I figure I have nothing to lose at this point and I may as well try to make things as optimal as possible. The goal with both ART and TCM is to create the best environment and the nicest lining for my embryos and I have done it so many times without doing the herbs so this time, I'm going to try doing it WITH the herbs and see what happens. I don't believe that it can hurt and I am so incredibly desperate.

Other than that, nothing else going on. I'm still waiting for my whopper of a tax return refund to come back. We knew they were going to have a fit when they saw $65K of medical expenses for 2008 so we paper filed our return this year and sent them all the documentation up front so they would have it when reviewing our return. That didn't seem to help though. It's been 2 months since we have submitted the return and all we have been told is that it is under special review. Apparently special review has 5 weeks to look through it and we called the day after the 5 weeks was up to find out the status, only to be told that they couldn't do anything except log that we called and put a query on the file. What does the query do? It gives the special review section another 4 weeks to respond to our query. Geez. The frustrating thing is that the supporting medical receipts were all organized in the same order as they were listed on the summary and I even referenced the receipts to the summary so they would have no problems finding everything. I think they're going through each and every expense and trying to disallow something given the size of my refund. There's nothing else we can do except sit and wait.

Sit and wait. Seems we do that a lot around here.

7 comments:

DAVs said...

That stinks on the tax stuff--we just filed electronically like we always do and got our refund right away. Our medical expenses were 50K or so I think... of course we'll probably be audited at some point. I feel like we should get a safety deposit box just for all of our receipts so we don't lose the proof!

Sorry about the wait, but you are really really close in terms of all the time you've been waiting. Hang in there and good luck at your new job!

Meant to be a mom said...

Taxes are NO FUN!
and as far as waiting on all the other stuff. Don't drive yourself crazy. My prayers are with you guys :).

Jill M. said...

I've been wondering what the status was on your FET. Glad to hear you're prepping. I'm excited for you and hope this is it!

Next year, file electronically. I did and got my refund right away, no questions asked. I hope for a speedy, non-contested refund!

Kris said...

That stinks that you haven't gotten your refund back yet. You are right...everything is always a hurry up and wait game.

GL on your first day on Monday! Can't wait to hear how your new job goes:)

And the count down is on for your FET! Can't wait for you to get to CO to pick up your babies!!:)

Phoebe said...

I hope for you that there will be no heartbreak this time. You start to wonder, how much heartbreaking can you take?

If you want to meet while you are in Denver, e-mail me at phoebephoenixtales at gmail dot com.

Josée Martens said...

Wow. YOu have to start working on Memorial Day?! I hope you love the new job and that it keeps your mind off of your FET for few weeks. Sue's stats are very encouraging for you girls. I don'tknow what I transferred so we are hoping for the best. But I am thinking of you and will be excited to hear your good news in 6 7 weeks.

momsoon said...

Hey Kayjay- I have been quietly lurking in blogland and just wanted to say that I will be following along this cycle with you, praying and rooting you along every step of the way!!!!!
BTW- waiting is my middle name!!!
Hoping this wait is worth it for you guys!!!!!! peace.