Friday, May 29, 2009

One week down

I finished my first week of work! Yay to some income! Our tax refund is still outstanding (we keep calling and they have now told us by June 15th it will be processed) but I'm "richer" than I was on Monday morning before working! It's a nice place, people seem friendly enough and the work isn't bad. I'm getting through the pains of settling into a new job - learning new names, figuring out who does what and setting things up but it's all good. I've had lunch with my DH every day that I worked (he's right across the street - how convenient!) so that has helped with the transition. He's great that way...always willing to hold my hand and make me feel better when I'm getting used to something new.

Right now cycle wise, I've been on BCP for 10 days and I start Lupron today. Instead of doing the shot in the AM, I've decided to do the shot in the PM so that I can sleep off any spike from the initial injection so I don't go to my new job all menopausal! At least that's the plan! My last BCP will be on Tuesday next week and then I wait for the start of AF. I will be relieved to get it honestly because the start of AF will lock in the timing of my calendar and I can start making arrangements and book the time off work.

I've been lax about getting back onto a strict gluten free/ sugar free/dairy free diet but I am trying to be better. I think I'm suffering from diet fatigue but I have to keep reminding myself that this is temporary and that some day, I will eat bread again! Ahh the small things make me happy these days...nothing gets my mouth watering faster than the thought of a warm baguette slathered with butter. For those of you who are currently pregnant and did the GF/SF/DF or any part of that, did you continue to be GF for your pregnancy?

I know I promised pictures of my garden once planted but I'm not done yet - still a few plants here and there that I'm putting in so I will take photos soon and post them. Promise! It's almost done.

Finally, a little shout out to all my fellow bloggers who have done or are doing transfers right now - good luck to you all and I wish you success from the bottom of my heart.

5 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm so glad your first week went so well. And that your starting some meds that's so exciting. In other words I'm glad your doing good. You seem to be happy and I think that's a great way to start.:)

DAVs said...

Yay for the first week down, and for extra funds!!
I'm also so excited that you are starting meds for the FET. It will be here before you know it, and just think of those CGH normals waiting for you! It is really so exciting how much further you have come this time...hoping it's just the start.

Phoebe said...

It's hard going GF and dairy free all at once. It takes some getting used to. Try clarified butter (ghee) to substitute for butter. It does not have any milk proteins in it, which is the problematic part of it. I can buy it at our local health food stores, but you can make it yourself. Also, Pamela's brand makes the best GF bread. It takes about 2 hours and 20 minutes to make, so it's not as simple as going and buying a loaf. I stayed GF free when I was pregnant, but started eating dairy again. I wonder if it was just not good for me.

Jill M. said...

That's so sweet that you and dh have lunch together! It's like your job has built in date time with hubby.

I'm getting excited for you about this upcoming FET. Can't wait to follow along.

Kris said...

I am so happy to hear your first week went well. I was thinking of you all week long and hoping that things were going well. So awesome that your DH is right across the street! What a fun treat to have lunch with him every day.

Here's to hoping that AF shows her ugly face right on schedule! :)