Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Performance Anxiety of the Lupron Kind

I thought I was doing okay with getting used to the new job and all the meds but today, I burst into tears (at home after work) for no apparent reason that I can think of other than the Lupron. Ah yes, our good friend the menopause inducing drug. The one that can reduce a grown woman to tears with no warning. And here I was, wondering whether or not it was working! Yep - emotional instability? Check!

I think that I'm really worried about making a good impression and doing a good job and my normal anxiety about job performance has been magnified a thousand fold by the Lupron. Today was the first day I actually did some real work rather than just reviewing what has been done to date and I kept reviewing over and over again in my head what I did and then extrapolating the day into various permutations of what I could have/should have/would have done differently. Note to self: GET A GRIP!

I took my last BCP this morning and I am continuing with the daily Lupron shots of 10 units at night. Now the waiting begins. I wonder when AF will show up? Supposed to be three days after stopping bcp but last time on this protocol, AF was 7 days late. When, oh when, will she show?

Let's take a poll and see what y'all think.

Twenty two more weeks of work to go but who's counting?

Funny story - the other night, my DH offered to go get my "loopy stuff" from the fridge. Get it? Lupron? Loopy stuff? Lupron probably fried my sense of humour too but I sure found that funny!

8 comments:

Jill M. said...

Oh our good ol' friend menopause-in-a-bottle! Sorry she's being such a pain. I hope AF shows on time, but knowing how evil Lupron and AF are, there's a good chance she'll be late. So wow, you're getting closer to your FET, are you excited or terrified? Probably both I presume. Best of luck to you, I'm still tagging behind. Hugs

DAVs said...

Oh my. The lupron. That's funny what your DH said. Lee always would sing "I'm just burning doing the lupron dance!" when he gave me my shot. Go Pointer Sisters.
But you're well on your way! YAY!

JJ said...

Lupron is the worst thing ever! Grrrr. BUT: this means you're moving through your calendar and FET is getting closer! Very exciting. And I'm sure they love you at work and you're doing a great job.

Meant to be a mom said...

They named it Lupron for a reason right :).
Hmmm your emotional, I bet your af comes soon. I know the meds help with the emotions but the af could too. I never took Lupron so I'm not sure, How fun though that its all beginning.
It sounds like your really trying at your job. I'm sure you doing a great job.

Kris said...

I love the sense of humor that all of us can find in this crazy IF nonsense. I always called Lupron "Loopyron". DH would know when I was acting unusual that it was really the loopyron talking:)

I am sure you are doing a fabulous job at work. You seem like such a hard worker and really knowledgeable. I am sure they are lucky to have you:)

Phoebe said...

I was pretty loopy on the stuff myself. I also was angry a lot, which was weird. They should make REs take lupron and see how they feel!!

Emily said...

Sorry I have been MIA for so long, but I am excited to hear that the new job has started and more importantly, that your cycle is underway!!! Wooo-hooooo!!!

Sorry the Lupron is working its evil ways...

Josée Martens said...

Do you think the ron in Lupron is for a crazy lady named Rhonda? And the meds made her crazy loopy?

Hang in there! Good stuff is coming for you!