Friday, June 12, 2009

Still Waiting and Irritated

Irritated. Frustrated.

That's how I feel right now.

AF has not graced me with her presence and it is day 26 of my normal cycle. At this rate, if it comes tomorrow, it will be on it's regular monthly schedule so I ask why, oh why, did I just spend the last 4 weeks taking drugs that obviously did not have *any* impact on me at all?

Then, I found out today that CCRM is not doing FETs from July 3rd to July 5th. I know that July 4th is a big deal and celebrated with much fanfare and I am not begrudging anyone that. Don't get me wrong - I know that all the nurses and doctors at the clinic work very, very hard and they all have lives outside of IVF and my personal cycle. I am frustrated because my original FET date was June 26th and I was very clear with my nurse when I told her that I would likely not be on time with AF given my past experience on this protocol. I went as far as to tell her I would be at least 7 days late. Hmmm...7 days after June 26th would put me at, oh, July 3rd...and no one bothered to do the math or think about the shut down for July 4th.

Grouchy...that's me right now.

I also feel the forces of nature working against us somehow. It seems that every time I need to have something done, CCRM is closed. After my botched cycle in November (cancelled b/c of a cyst), I couldn't cycle again right away because of the December shut down. Fine. Cycled in March. Couldn't do the FET earlier because the original timing of that would have fallen right on the first day of the June shut down. Delay again. Finally start the process to do the FET, advised my nurse that I would be late and would not get my period within the 3 day timeline she gave me after stopping BCP only to find out they're closed for the July 4th weekend.

I am frustrated. Is this Nature's way of telling me it's not going to work?

I have a request in for my nurse to call me because I have asked if there is anyway to speed up the FET protocol. I know she wants to push it back to July 6th but I want to move it up to July 2nd. Does anyone know if we can speed up a FET by a day or two?

I'm going to go sit on the toilet now with tissue in my hand so I can keep doing the wipe and check. Did I mention I am wearing white pants today? Maybe the key is to remove my pantiliner.

Grrrr.....

8 comments:

Josée Martens said...

I totally know how frustrating it was when my body didn't play along with my desires. Sue was convinced she'd never make it in time before the close down of the lab. Stupid AF. Can your TCM person help bring it on?

I hope your body evens out and AF shows up in just the right time.

Phoebe said...

Yes, you can move it up a day or two. My AF came a day late, but we kept my transfer date the same. My hormone levels were fine.

Jill M. said...

How frustrating!!! I was wondering how it was going. Keep us posted. I'm sending lots of AF vibes.

JJ said...

Grrr, this is so frustrating. Moving up the schedule depends on how many days of the various drugs you've done. I know you can definitely move it back even by a couple of weeks (not that you'd want to) by just staying on the patches for longer, but hopefully they will be able to move you up to the 2nd. Hope you hear back soon. Come on AF!

Sue said...

As Blossom said, I was so nervous about my cycle too since I was trasnfering literally the day before the lab shut down and my AF was super-late too. I just made it in. Also, the nurse told me it was absolutely fine to be a few days later- the problem with my schedule was that I would have been at least 2 weeks later for transfer b/c of the week shutdown and then trying to get in with my RE (so my date choices were May 29 or June 12, the earliest). A few days earlier/later shouldn't have any impact at all, so long as it fits your schedule. But, I know how stressful it is! I hope AF gets here NOW!

Sky said...

Gosh, I know what you mean. I had to start this DE cycle late because of the June shut down. And now I do worry that if the donor takes too long to stim, I'll wind up with a transfer the July 4th week. I'm hoping that's not the case.

Of course I KNOW everyone deserves their holidays and time off like anyone else BUT BUT BUT that's why you have several doctors and nurses - so people alternate between holidays, right?!

Meant to be a mom said...

I don't blame you for being grouchy and upset. Yes they need there vacation time but at the same time you've been working so hard at this and putting yourself through allot already for them to be shut down possibly the day you need them. I hope all works out.
Sending smiles your way!!

Emily said...

Grrr is right! Hoping AF has showed and you can get going ASAP!!