Thursday, June 4, 2009

Week two, taxes & cravings

Second week of work done! 21 more weeks to go! But again, who's counting? This week I started making a shopping list of the things I want to buy while I'm down on Denver. You Americans really know how to have a SALE. At most up here in Canada, we get 50% off the original price max, but when I go outlet shopping in the US, there is 50% off the last ticketed price which is about 50% off the original price and then, somehow, you magically get another 25% off at the register just for showing up! I paid $6.50 for these awesome Ann Taylor silk crop pants that I just LOVE. Never in a million years would I have been able to find that kind of a deal here. So, my working has enabled my shopping...although the list is very practical at this point and full of necessities that I was putting off buying like underwear and bras. Still fun to get to go out and buy it though!

In other news, I just about dropped from shock when I check the bank balance this morning and discovered that Revenue Canada deposited our entire refund plus a few whole dollars in interest!! We were thrilled to finally get that money back. I haven't seen that much money in our bank account for a while and it was nice to have a little cushion in the cash flow again.

Finally, I've started having horrible cravings and for really strange things too. I'm Chinese so our seasoning of choice when growing up was soya sauce. My Mom used to make me soft boiled eggs, crack a little opening off the top and then I would eat it, spoonful by spoonful with a little soya sauce dropped into the egg for each mouthful. Mmmmmmm yummy. Don't knock it until you've tried it! Trust me - soya sauce & soft boiled eggs are amazing. Now in my adult years, I've discovered that eggs really upset my stomach (gas, bloating, diarrhea) so I don't eat them anymore but boy oh boy was I craving one a few days ago. Anyone else get any crazy Lupron cravings?

I feel much better today too and I've been off the BCP for 2 days. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but I'm not as paranoid or insecure as I was a few days ago. I went back into work the next day and all of a sudden my problems and issues were not so insurmountable. I had a productive week too so I feel like I actually earned the money instead of mooching it off the company for work not really done. In one instance I was worrying on how to answer a question and fill out a chart because the issue was that in my mind, the question wasn't applicable and I just couldn't figure out how to complete the chart and answer the question properly. Next day, I had a blinding flash of insight (haha) and simply inserted "N/A" as the answer. Sheesh. Lupron sure does strange things to your brain.

8 comments:

Phoebe said...

Wow, I never knew Denver was such a great place to shop, not that I have money for anything other than IVF, acupuncture, and the myriad of supplements I take! Yay for no BCPs! Things will get better once you have been on the estrogen patches for a few days.

Sue said...

Hmmm...my mom used to always make us soft boiled eggs like that (but since she's polish, salt, not soya sauce) and my husband thinks it is so gross (his parents were biologists and he is offended by a runny egg) but every once in a while I seriously crave it!

I am sure you are better without the BCP's. Even more than lupron, those things make me nuts. I was on them once for 2 weeks to shrink a cyst from chlomid and my DH was begging me to get off of them. I had to - for his sake and mine!

I think you wrote the other day about GF and I didn't answer b/c I was on the road. I am staying GF for the entire pregnancy, but I don't worry at all about sugar or dairy. I do know that I have an allergy to gluten from prior reactions and I also know that it can cause infertility and miscarriage so with that combination, I am staying strictly GF. With sugar and dairy, I know they aren't great for IF but my understanding is that they contribute mostly to anovulatory issues, so I don't worry about it at all...and I'm lucky I'm not lactose intolerant. I know some women do GF for egg quality but then eat it during pregnancy but I am more worried about m/c than anything else at this point, so am being strict...am actually thinking I will end up GF for life b/c I react pretty badly now when I accidentally ingest some.

Jill M. said...

BCPs give me crazy cravings and makes me eat everything in sight. The lupron just gives me headaches and causes a little irritability and fogginess. Excited to hear your onto the next step of the FET prep. I bet it feels like it will never get here.

Wahoooo on the tax refund! I know that totally made your day!

JJ said...

Great news on the refund and on the shopping! BCPs are evil..... Glad you're feeling more in control. What date is your FET?? I'm so excited for you! It's your turn next!

Meant to be a mom said...

Nice job finding the good deals while shopping. that is such a great feeling.
And yummm I love boiled eggs.

DAVs said...

So glad the tax refund came through! That is always so nice to see--that big chunk of change. Even if it is already spent :)
Glad you got another work week down, too!

Kris said...

Woohoo for the refund...finally! That is awesome. Can't wait for you to go find some more great deals in Denver!

Anonymous said...

Soy sauce and egg - yummy!!! I know exactly what you are etalking about!
Andrea