Sunday, June 28, 2009

Denver Ho!

It's official - we got the official green light and we are off to Denver on Tuesday. Transfer is going to be Thursday July 2nd and I am excited with a lot of nervous anticipation.

Let me back up a bit for a second. Last Friday, I flew into Denver for the day (thank goodness for direct flights and executive class!!) and went to CCRM for my doppler u/s and b/w to check E2. Now remember last October when my local clinic screwed up my u/s and I ended up having to cancel my cycle after travelling to Denver? Well, that is why I didn't want to monkey around with the clinic up here. I wanted it done once and done right. Believe it or not, it was about the same cost for me to fly down to CCRM and have the work done as it was for me to stay here and have the monitoring done locally. Given the choice, I would rather go to Denver so I did!

My lining needed to be 8-10mm and it was a nice 11mm!! My estrogen was also high enough that I simply continue with my 4 patches every other day. Way to go electro-acupuncture and herbs! Yes, I have decided to stay on the herbs right up until ET but then I am stopping them. Shhh...don't tell CCRM (as I sit here sipping my lemon-ginger herbal tea!)!

I'm packing tonight and I'm going to be bringing along a stack of old episodes from Friends and the first 3 seasons of How I Met Your Mother. They say that laughter is the best medicine so I intend to keep the TV light and airy so no heavy crime scene dramas for me. Anyone have any good comedy movies they would recommend?

Other than that, I am relieved to be done work for now. Things were really hectic the last 2 weeks leading up to this time off and I found myself working several 10-12 hour days to try and get through as much as possible before my time off. Glad that's done and I don't have to worry about that for the time being.

While I was in Denver for the whole day, I went to see Lynsi Eastburn again for a 2nd hypnotherapy session and it was really good. I left the appointment feeling very refreshed and the phrase that resonated in my mind over and over again as I drove away was "I feel great!". I honestly haven't felt this optimistic going into an ET ever and I feel that the work I've done with the acupuncture, herbs and the hypnotherapy really made a difference. I'm always looking to do something different and I think that I've really approached this cycle differently so let's hope that I will finally get the outcome that I've been looking for. Fingers crossed!

9 comments:

DAVs said...

Yay!!! You are SO CLOSE to those embies! Can't wait to hear the report!

Sky said...

Awesome news! Wow - that came quick! :)

Have you started your progesterone yet? Are you doing PIO or suppositories? How's either going?

Good thing to have brought lots of movies to watch 'cause bedrest is for the birds and daytime TV is worse.

I saw "He's just not that into you" last weekend at home. It's a romantic comedy but definitely worth watching.

Have a safe trip going home with your babies! :)

ME! said...

YEAH! I am excited about all the good news! Good luck chickie! Funny movies...for the lfe of me I can't think of a single one. duh! Good luck.

JJ said...

Woohoo, this is getting really exciting! I'm so glad your lining was good and you had a great trip to Denver. Have great flight tomorrow and I'll be rooting on your little embryos all the way. It's a great feeling to be reunited with them!

Jill M. said...

Awesome news! I bet you can't wait to bring your babies home, you have been waiting for so long. I'm very impressed with everything you're doing to make sure this is a success, way to go!

As far as movies, we just watched "What Happens In Vegas" with Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher and it turned out to be quite funny and had a great ending.

Best of luck to you!

Kris said...

Only three more days before you pick up your american children, woohoo! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear how everything goes.

Sue said...

I thought it was genius that you went to Denver for the day! I'm popping in a day late so you are leaving for Denver today - have a great flight. Really take care of yourself...You will be pregnant soon:-)

Emily said...

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting!

Phoebe said...

Hmmm, I might have to go see Lynsi myself! I could use some optimism!