Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day, The Most Annoying Pregnant Woman Ever and Pre-Transfer Jitters

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians! We will be celebrating here in Denver and wishing you all back at home a restful day and some fun fireworks.

We arrived in Denver yesterday after a pretty uneventful flight except for the most annoying pregnant woman sitting one row in front of us. I'm going to vent for a second and by no means am I painting all pregnant women with the same brush (and I mean no offense to anyone who is pregnant) but MAN! This woman was a nightmare. Basically, she was exploiting her unborn child trying to get free upgrades and inconveniencing everyone around here. She first just sat in the seat she wanted, not her assigned seat and made the other person take her old seat which didn't have in-seat entertainment (Air Canada has little screens infront of every seat and you can choose your own movie or tv show to watch...none of that little screen 10 rows up playing only 1 choice of movie!). Every "issue" that came up during the flight had her proclaiming loudly that she needed something or the other because she was PREGNANT (shouted loudly with a wide look around and a wink wink and giggle giggle to all looking) oh and did we want to feel her belly??? OMG. I felt sorry for the flight attendants that had to deal with her. She also ended almost *every* sentence with "Are there any empty seats in executive class?". If you wanted the extra space and comfort of a larger seat, you should have paid for it!! Grrrrr....May I never be that annoying or take advantage of my children that way.

Transfer is tomorrow at 2pm in the afternoon. I am doing pre and post acupuncture at CCRM. I've been trying to stay positive but a little bit of me is scared that nothing will survive the thaw and we won't have anything hatching out of the shell. I've been watching all of you ladies who have had hatching blasts and you all seem to get BFPs...not sure if it's the CGH or the CGH + hatching blast that makes the difference but I hope and pray that our little 2/3 embryo makes it to that stage by tomorrow. I also hope that our 4CB survives the thaw and maybe improves a grade or two??? They're thawing both of them today so everyone cross your fingers!!!

10 comments:

Sue said...

They are thawing them today? I thought they did it on the morning of the transfer? I think they will survive the thaw...and I know for a fact that 2/3's have made women pregnant! (and you have a CGH normal 2/3!). Have a great time in Denver, try not to worry too much, and really really do all the recommended bedrest after transfer! Can't wait for your update!

About the pregnant lady - how awful! I feel bad for her kids already!

Meant to be a mom said...

Fingers crossed for you and your emby's.

About the prego lady on the plain. WOW, I feel so bad for her husband. Can you imagine. I've met people like that and its so irritating to be around them. Well they help the rest of us to be less annoying. Good lesson to us all.

Kris said...

GL on your transfer tomorrow! Your embies sound great and it seems like CCRM has a great thaw rate!

Jill M. said...

Yikes!!! I can't believe how obnoxious that pg woman was, unbelievable!

Got everything crossed here for you!!! Can you believe it's finally here? Come on embabies, grow, you can do it!

Can't wait for your next report.

DAVs said...

Good luck good luck good luck! I'm nervous for you, but not because I don't think it will work! I do! I just know how when it finally gets down to it all you can do is just show up and know that you've done absolutely everything you could.
Thinking of you!

elliej said...

Wishing you all the very best in the world tomorrow. Auspicious that transfer is so close to Canada Day!

kayjay said...

Sue - my understanding with embies that have been microarrayed is that they thaw them the day before. I'm not sure about CGH tested embies but my nurse kept telling me that they won't do FETs for microarrayed embies on Mondays b/c the prep would have to be done on Sunday. So, it's 4:18pm MST and no call from the lab so I'm hoping that means good things and that they BOTH survived!

JJ said...

Good luck tomorrow. Will be thinking of you and the embies. I second what Sue said, do all the bedrest and look after yourself! Hugs!

Sky said...

I hope everything went great yesterday! Just a little post to tell us the thaw was good and that you're PUPO with those beautiful CGH normals! :)

Phoebe said...

Best of luck to you. I'm hoping everything went well.