Monday, July 13, 2009

Beta #2 - 11dp5dt was 551!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the call at 11:15am today from the local clinic. The nurse there, the very first IVF nurse I ever came into contact with, agreed to call me because she knew how nervous we were. I promptly burst into tears, made her repeat the number, we cried together and then I hung up the phone to run to the bathroom to have a really good "I'm so happy" cry your eyes out in private.


The number was supposed to be above 310 and it more than doubled. In fact, it almost quadrupled since Friday!!! Way to go my little over achiever(s)!!! I am reassured...for the moment. Once a worry wart, always a worry wart. I've already got my next thing to obssess about but I won't spoil this moment. I just want to ride this high. The feeling of *finally* taking a few steps down a different pathway, one we've been trying to get to for the past 7 years.


DH has been so wonderfully sweet, lifting anything for me, making me all my meals every day, telling me to put my feet up while he runs around, taking care of the house hold chores. He's going to make a great Dad.


I know there is a lot of speculation that there may be more than one in there but we won't know until the ultrasound. I've booked that for Wednesday July 29th in the late morning so I will find out then. Until then, I'm just trying to enjoy the fact that today, as of right now, I am pregnant.

11 comments:

DAVs said...

No day but today!
And today, you ARE majorly pregnant! This is really, truly exciting!!

Sue said...

Yay! That is incredible news! Your numbers are very close to mine, so it could go either way - twins or singleton...it'll be a surprise! Either two healthy babies or one super-strong one (like me!). I am so happy for you...you will both make great parents;-)

JJ said...

That's an unbelievably good number! So exciting! I cried my eyes out to the nurses each time good news came in, too. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Sky said...

I knew it! I thought your 66% estimate was too conservative to begin with and, yes, I think you're also probably carrying two.

HUGE Congrats!

Jill M. said...

What an awesome beta #!!! I hope you continue to ride this high for another 9 months. Sounds like you have an amazing dh. Enjoy every minute of this. You have waited for this moment for so long, don't allow any fear to steal your joy. So happy for you and hoping to follow in your foot steps.

Molly said...

Congrats! This is wonderful news!!

Kris said...

Woo-frickin'-hoo! That is an awesome really strong number. Congrats!!! :) Try really hard to just enjoy this moment and feeling of elation:)

Meant to be a mom said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you, Prayers your way!!!
Can't wait to watch your journey.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your numbers are absolutely fantastic. I just started reading your blog recently. Can you please tell me what your protocol at CCRM was, I'm a poor responder as well.

triumph said...

Congratulations! Can you please let me know what your protocol was. Thanks!

Phoebe said...

I'm so happy for you!