Friday, June 19, 2009

FINALLY!

On Sunday, late afternoon, I finally got my period. Late in the day but it still counted as Day 1. I know - it's Friday and I am finally updating y'all so I apologize for holding out on you but it has been a busy week.

First thing Monday morning I was in "negotiations" with my nurse, begging and pleading to get squeezed in on July 2nd. After doing a lot of going back and forth, it was determined that she was going to rush my lead up by a few days to get me in on the one spot they had left for July 2nd. Here's the kicker though - my lining has to be at least 8-10mm by next Friday, June 26th. If it's not, I'm going to be pushed back an entire week to at least July 14th because they're booked solid the week of July 6th. I started the estrogen patches Monday and she's upped the date that I start doubling then tripling the dose so hopefully that will do it. I'm also working with my normal menstrual cycle since Sunday was Day 28 so I'm ramping up my lining with my body's natural rhythm. Yep - BCP and Lupron do nothing to me apparently! I've never had a problem with my lining but now of course, everything hinges on its thickness so I can't help but worry a little. I'm flying down to Denver to do the lining check Friday June 26th and will be leaving first thing in the AM, going straight to CCRM for the check and then flying back out at 7pm at night. I'll get home at midnight but it will all be done in one day and then I don't have to monkey around with the clinic here and I know that it is being done right.

My nurse spoke with Dr. Sch and asked if rushing the FET schedule was an issue and he said that he wasn't concerned. I wouldn't have pushed so hard if it was going to cause issues in terms of the quality of the lining, receptivity etc. but as long as my lining is of the right thickness, they're okay to proceed. I normally ovulate around Day 13 so transfer on July 2nd will be right at 6 days post ovulation with is exactly the day that my blasts were frozen. Things seem to be lining up!

Work has been crazy and I have been putting in a very solid day, often working through lunch. I've also been visiting the other locations which are about an hour away from my home so there have been a few longer days. By the time I get home and then get on the phone to make travel arrangements, I've been going to be on average at around 11:30pm at night. Not good but hopefully it will get better now that most of them have been made.

On another note, I'm having a hypnofertility appointment today with Lynsi Eastburn on the phone. She's based out of Denver coincidentally but she has written a book about the benefits of doing hypnosis for fertility. I have done hypnosis once before but didn't really feel comfortable with the practicitioner that I went to. Anyway, I've always wondered if it was something psychological that was holding me back from getting pregnant so I want to make sure that I've done everything that I can. With my wonderful diagnosis of "unexplained", it has been frustrating to try to "fix" what I don't know to be broken. I'm also hoping that she can stop me from worrying too much about the lining. I will let you guys know what I thought and how I felt after the appointment.

It kind of feels surreal to be cycling again and I've been struggling to maintain a sugar/dairy/gluten free diet as much as I can but I'm suffering from diet fatigue. I keep telling myself to hang on for just a little while longer but it has been hard. It doesn't feel real for me because this is the first FET I've done and what's a cycle without painful shots & dildo cams? It seems so odd to just peel a sticker and slap it on my abdomen every other day. I am using a product called Estradot since I can't get Vivelle up here in Canada and I know you ladies have been comiserating about how hard they are to pull off but my patch wasn't too bad to get off. Again, not as bad as I thought and makes this FET protocol feel so...lax. Funny - I never thought I would miss the dildo cam and the IM shots but I kinda do because they make me feel like I'm doing something!! Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just commenting on their absence from this cycle!

So, moving onwards at last. Lining check on June 26th at CCRM (in and out same day) and then we both fly back down on June 30th. Transfer is July 2nd and we will be flying back home July 6th. I'm coming to get you kids! And to top it all off, we get to celebrate our first 4th of July with our American children :)

13 comments:

Jill M. said...

I've been wondering about you. Wahoo on AF showing!!! I hope and hope and hope that everything goes as planned and you have a wonderful 4th of July with your Ameri-embies.

Very interesting about the hypnofertility, definitely post the details.

Good luck, I'll be on the sideline cheering you on.

Sue said...

Given that you are unexplained, I'd worry most about avoiding gluten then all the sugar/dairy free stuff (my understanding is that typically these are concerns mainly for anovulatory issues and those with tempermental blood sugar issues). So, I understand if you want to do it all on recommendation of your acupuncturist, but I'd probably just stress the GF...and, with my past m/c's I'm totally GF for this pregnancy and possibly for life. I just feel better...no more IBS!

I'm happy you got your date changed! I'm sure your lining will be great. I'm also impressed you are doing the one day in Denver thing for your lining check - I actually considered going there early for something similar. The local RE's just can't be trusted!

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm so glad your really getting starting with everything. Thats so exciting. Sending prayers your way!!!

JJ said...

So great that you're finally on your way! I will be sending thick lining vibes your way, hoping that it thickens up to the right thickness by Friday. Let us know how the hypnofertility goes, that's very interesting!

Kris said...

I am so glad you updated us! I have been thinking about you tons. It seems like you are working lots of hours.

I just love that you are coming to pick up your children around the 4th of July. How cool is that!

I would love to hear how your hypnofertility goes!

Thinking of you!

Sky said...

Holy smokes! I'm sure you've addressed this before but I've missed it.

You fly into Denver for an u/s, instead of going local? Yikes!

Phoebe said...

Wow, that's a long commute for a lining check! I hope it all goes well.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. You are absolutely right that the stresses of this month probably contributed to my high FSH. I don't know why I over looked that. I was so set on my "schedule".

I'm pretty sure I'll be around that weekend, since I hate to travel on 4th of July. E-mail me if you want to get together:

phoebephoenixtales at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

wow that's a long haul for an u/s -- but I sure understand your willingness to do that :)

But you're on your way now and I'll be thinking lots of positive thoughts for you both!

Look forward to hearing about the hypnosis - I have thought of doing that. Was the other practitioner you were uncomfortable with Cecile's reco in TO?

hugs

kayjay said...

Penny - yes, the hypnotherapist I saw was Cecile's recommendation. I saw her at her home office and I could hear people moving around upstairs and just couldn't fully relax. Will post details on my session tomorrow - it was good! Thanks for the well wishes!

kayjay said...

P.S. Yes, a 1 day trip to Denver for an u/s and b/w is a long way to go but I don't want there to be any mistakes. Given my past experience with the clinics up here they either won't cooperate with you, will charge you $1,500 to do the monitoring regardless of the actual number of appointments needed (1 or 10 - it will cost $1,500) or they will just not understand what CCRM wants and not do it properly. My November cycle last year was cancelled b/c they missed a cyst up here so I want NO MISTAKES this time. So yes, long way to go but will be worth it to get it done right the first time!!!

Sky said...

Ahhhh, now I see. $1,500 for 1 or 10 ultrasounds?! What a racket! I'm in the wrong line of work.

Good idea to fly into Denver under those circumstances. Too bad you have to but it's better to do that and KNOW FOR SURE than to risk time and money (lots and lots of money!) to find out they, again, screwed things up.

Josée Martens said...

I am so excited for you, K. This is great. You always impress me with the cool things you try. Are you still doing maya abdomninal and caster oil?

I can't wait to hear about the stick showing dark double lines!

kayjay said...

Thanks Blossom! I am still doing the castor oil packs - my issue is blood stagnation so it is supposed to help with circulation and also with the breaking down of any scar tissue (i.e. endo). I haven't done the maya abdominal massage - can't find anyone around here that does it but I would if I could find someone!!