Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Beginnings

It's the last day of 2008.

Can you believe it??

What a year it has been...

Not entirely what we expected but still good in some ways. My DH and I are closer than we have ever been and have grown together even more than I could have ever imagined. I never thought that someone could understand me so well and unfailingly continue to pick me up time and time again. He's the best and in that respect, 2008 brought us closer together and I am so very, very grateful for him.

I guess what strikes me today is that 2009 represents a new year and I wonder what this year will bring for us? On the Chinese calendar, it's the year of the Ox and I was born in the year of the Ox so maybe this will be my lucky year? Maybe, just maybe, this will be the year that things change for us. I like that it represents new beginnings and a clean slate and I am truly hoping for renewed strength and courage. If nothing else, I want to move forward and 2009 seems like a good year to do that.

A new year begins tomorrow - I'm looking forward to it!

Happy New Year to you too!

2 comments:

Jill M. said...

I think it's awesome that despite all you've been through in 2008, that you are able to go into 2009 being thankful for 2008, that you're able to pull the positive out of it. I hope 2009 is our year for our miracle. Hugs!

DAVs said...

Boy, I just wrote my "goodbye 2008" post and it isn't very positive. I guess I felt like ranting a bit--you understand. BUT, 2009 can only get better for all of us, right??