Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolutions, Dreams and Wishes

Welcome to 2009...a year that just has to be better than the last year.

I normally spend some time thinking about some resolutions that I want to make for the coming year but who am I kidding - I never write them down nor do I look back on them come Dec 31st to see whether I did achieve those resolutions or not. I don't remember what last year's resolutions were although if I had to guess, they probably had something to do with staying steadfast and strong and doing everything in my power to increase my chances of having a baby.

This year I don't have any resolutions. However, I do still have wishes and dreams, as amazing as that may seem. They have not all been dashed and crushed by reality. I am still dreaming of having a baby, one that is made up of all of my wonderful parts plus all of my DH's wonderful parts, a baby that is half of me and half of him. If that is not to be, than I have dreams of attending culinary college, opening up my own little bakery/cafe and maybe even moving to a new city. I dream about escaping to an exotic locale for a decadent vacation with my DH so we can forget for one small moment about our troubles and the difference between our dreams and reality. I wish that we are brave this year, brave enough to perhaps take a few steps down a completely unknown pathway that we never thought we would have to walk down. I wish that we are open to life's experiences.

My wishes could very easily be prayers but I am going to leave them as wishes and put them out there to Mother Earth or the Universe or really, who ever is up there that may want to listen for a minute. On the IF front, today is Day 1 (read: AF arrived today) so I see this as the final end to December's botched cycle and with it, all of the meds, the cyst and everything else...it all gets washed out so we can begin again.

For 2009, my wish for all of us is that we get to experience the joy and happiness through the realization of some of our dreams this year. Here's to starting over, a clean slate, a fresh new year.

2 comments:

Jill M. said...

Best wishes that all your wishes for 2009 come true! Hugs!!!

DAVs said...

Hey--I have a secret dream of opening a bakery/cafe too!
Hope 2009 is the year ALL your dreams come true!