Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!

It's the year of the Ox and I was born in the Year of the Ox. So was Barak Obama. Happy Chinese New Year! I hope that this year is our year and that through our persistance and hardwork with luck making up any of the differential, we'll have our baby this year. I wish the same for all of you.

P.S. I made an appointment with the new TCM doctor that is affiliated with the Fertile Soul Retreat on Wednesday this week. I am seeing my family doctor today to get a new script for meds. I start the doxycycline on with my AF which will be in two days (she'd better show up on time!).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fun Chinese New Year Traditions & Superstitions

1. No house cleaning today - you will be sweeping and cleaning your good luck out the door so keep all the dirt inside today and get rid of it another day (as if we need an excuse NOT to clean - here's your excuse for today!)

2. Wear new clothes (I'm wearing new socks in light of our budgetary constraints this year but the rest of ya - GO SHOPPING!)

3. Don't shower or you'll be washing away good luck

4. Eat only vegetables today as you shouldn't be killing any animals on the first day of the new year.

5. Light firecrackers to scare off evil spirits and bad luck

6. Open all your windows and doors to allow the good luck of the new year to come into your home.

8 comments:

DAVs said...

Thanks for posting the tips.
Thankfully, I wore a new sweater today. And also, I don't ever eat meat so no change there. BUT, I would've been inclined to clean something when I got home, and probably wouldn't have opened the doors/windows...

Happy New Year! Can't wait to hear about the TCM doc!

Sue said...

hmmm...I have to look up if I was born in the year of the ox b/c I think we are basically the same age...? I am guessing you will be beating me to CO...so I am sending lots of good vibes to you:-) Looking forward to following your cycle!

Molly said...

Hi -

I just redid my blog background, clicked on yours and realized - great minds must think alike!

I didn't realize about the new clothes today, but thanks for the other tips!

Best of luck this cycle!

Jill M. said...

I too hope this year is your year!!! Good luck on your upcoming cycle!!!

kayjay said...

Funny story - it's between 0 and 10 degrees fahrenheit here and I was trying to pop open my windows so I could let the good luck flow into my house yesterday and wouldn't you know it...damn things were frozen closed! I only managed to get one window open and I opened one door inthe front and the door in the back, counted to 8 (lucky Chinese number) and then closed it all up again!

Kris said...

GL with your TCM doc! I am excited to hear how it goes!

Polly Gamwich said...

WHY? Why didn't I read this until today!!! My luck all went down the drain :-( And seriously, we're going to need all the luck we can get!

Good luck with TCM!

Polly Gamwich said...

Also, my ER is scheduled sometime 3/2 or after (will depend on when I Ovulate) ... we should keep in touch and see if we can dine together or something if we're there at the same time.