Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Odds & Sods

I've been kind of quiet of late - just trying to get over this blasted cough I managed to catch. I think I'm finally getting over it but kicking the last of it always seems to be the hardest part with coughs. Thankfully, there was no fever or nasal congestion or any flu with this cold - just a deep chest cough.

I've been back to see the TCM doctor 3 times now and she is doing different acupuncture points. She is also really quick putting the needles in which is really good since that part always stresses me out. When I'm done there, I always feel like a wet noodle and really, really relaxed. Hopefully my blood stagnation is being resolved but who really knows?

I haven't been successful at restarting my daily meditations or my Qi Gong. I associate both of those with IF and trying to get pregnant and I haven't felt motivated to get back to doing this yet. Every time I look at the counter on the sidebar I start getting antsy about going back. Have I done enough? Should I even bother starting the meditations again?

As for the Saizen/no Saizen debate, that is still raging but I think I am siding more and more with just leaving it. Dr. Sch didn't recommend it for me (and I KNOW he has recommended it for others) so I should have some measure of trust in his opinion. Besides, Saizen is supposed to improve response not quality and with the estrogen priming added to the antagonist protocol he has me on, hopefully that will be enough to get better results.

On a tangent, one of my favourite shows is How I Met Your Mother and this past Monday night, I found out that BOTH of the women who star on it are PG. For crying out loud! Now every time I see the show and see them, my eyes will automatically be drawn down to their bellies to see if they're showing. Thankfully, neither pregnancy has been written into the storylines...yet. Then today I see the cover of OK magazine that is speculating that Katie Holmes is expecting again...can Hollywood just give it a rest?? Geez.

Okay - rant over. And that is what's going on in my world.

6 comments:

Josée Martens said...

And thanks for the comment. My nurse is Helen. Your nurse sounds amazing! I am definately going to have to switch this week. :-) THANKS!

Josée Martens said...

I know! I could see Lily's swelling belly on the show during the hotdog contest. Ugh!

I think I might be doing the same protocol as you. Are you doing the ganirelix BEFORE stims?

kayjay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kayjay said...

MamaSoon - I start the estrogen 2x/day 10 days after LH surge. The day after I start the estrogen, I do 1 shot/day of Cetrotide (same as Ganirelix) for 3 days and continue taking estrogen during those days. I stop Cetrotide and then wait for AF and continue estrogen 2x/day until she arrives. I then go for a suppression check on CD2 and start stims CD3. Is that the same as you?

Linda said...

Reading your posts about TCM brings me back to when my mom and the rest of the family would talk about. Back then, I just considered that background noise. But I wished that I would've paid more attention to what they were talking about.

I'm sorry that you have the cough. It seems like everyone is getting sick, at least in my area. I hope you feel better soon.

Good luck on your cycle. I'm rootin' for ya! :)

Sue said...

I love the feeling after acupuncture (it is the same one I used to get after savasana in yoga). For some reason, I get so relaxed that my face actually feels relaxed and smooth. It is the weirdest thing....and probably reminds me just how much stress I carry around daily.