Monday, March 30, 2009

Possible Combinations

It has been 15 days since the biopsy.

Two weeks and one day.

At least four more weeks to go. [Insert loud scream here]

I was okay at first, keeping myself busy settling back into life at home and getting us back into our daily routine but I found myself very emotional this past weekend and I wonder if it's because I know at the back of my mind that I'm anxious about what results we may get.

I've considered all of the possibilities too.

Possibility #1: two normals! Yippeee!! Yay!! Awesome! This is the best outcome we could hope for and in this case, we would transfer back both and take our 85% chance of success. This one was the no brainer.

Possibility #2: two abnormals. Boo hissy boo. This would be the worst outcome and I will be pretty devestated if this is what comes back to us. I don't know what we would do if this was the case. We could try to scrape together the $$ for another cycle but then that would mean living our lives on hold for even longer since we would be in the cycling holding pattern.

Possiblity #3: one normal, one no result. This is still pretty good too IMO. We would know we have at least one normal so that's a 65% chance which is much higher than the 25% chance Dr. Sch initially gave us. Who knows with the no result embryo too...could be fine too so this option is pretty good too.

Possibility #4: two no results. Talk about a shades of grey option but the possibility exists that this may happen so I've been chewing on this one. My DH and I have talked about doing another banking cycle in the hope of getting one normal in the bunch if something like this happens. But then again, we need some more $$ to do this choice and this puts us back into a cycling holding pattern.

I've also been trying to decide whether to take on a short term contract to earn some $$ to pay for another cycle just in case we want to do this or whether to just hang in until we get the results. I have my name out there with two head hunters but with the economy the way that it is, I've heard nasty rumours that most job postings are fake so they can still get the candidates to come in but then they don't really have any real jobs. I figure if something works out than great but if it doesn't, maybe I should sit it out until I hear back about the test results. See how we've come full circle? Everything comes back to waiting for the test results.

Four more weeks to go...

9 comments:

Sue said...

Oh, I totally hear you on this. I've been freaking out since Friday (3 weeks) knowing that I can get results any day or still not for weeks. Then I worry (and this is crazy) that I will get no normals and my RE is so nice that he will hate to call me with those results and put it off (yes, I said insane, right?). I hate the idea of making other people uncomfortable so, for that reason, I hope he has good news to tell us, lol. I've also looked through every single scenario and I would absolutely scream from the rooftops of all 4 were normal (a girl on another bulletin board had this happen and she is our age), but I doubt that it is likely. My guess for me is 0-1 normal. I'm praying for 1. I'd be happy with 2. I wish we could afford another banking cycle so that we had more chances or could consider a sibling (ironically, I wanted a large family) but I have to make do with what we have and what we can afford...so I'm just praying for 1 for me. Hang in there. This is so stressful. I do hope that you get 2 normals! (did you see Rebecca's post today? 15 normals!).

Emily said...

And I thought the IVF 2ww was rough! This is sheer madness! GL!

Jill M. said...

I would be analyzing the crap out of every scenario as well and then I would over-analyze it again and again until I was cross eyed.

I can only imagine how trying this time is waiting and waiting, not sure when the call will come in.

Hoping for a short wait and possibility #1!!!!!!

ME! said...

Wow- I didn't realize it took so long to get the results back. Good luck with the waiting. I hope for two good reports.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there hun! I am praying for 2 normal ones! I hate how that reads by the way. I am keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you. I am excited for the cruise. I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed the Celebrity line. YAY! I need to put all this IF sh*t behind me and have a grand time. I would say saving money NEVER hurts...you might as well. You will need it for baby clothes and the nursery:)

DAVs said...

I hope you get your dream of two normals! That would be so awesome. I'm sorry the waiting sucks, there really isn't one thing about this process that doesn't suck, except the HOPE. although sometimes that sucks too.

Sky said...

My gut says you have 3 normals - I don't know why, it's just my gut.

As for the comment on my blog about liking to buy in bulk, you are so talking my language - I'm dangerous at Costco! :)

Josée Martens said...

You'll go nuts working on the stats! It is out of your hands but if I had a say in it, I'd vote for 2 NORMALS!!!!

Why would they ask people to come in to interview but have no jobs?

momsoon said...

Hey KayJay!! thanks for your support, and listen-I am hopeful that you will get your news of 2 'normals' very soon so you can move onto the news of FET and BFP...
Gonna email you after the next couple of hectic days are done...xoxoxoxoxoxH.