Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Report From The Front Lines (3rd u/s)

It has been 8 days of stims and things are continuing to chug along. I think I'm doing marginally better than how I did back in Canada but it's hard to say and my DH keeps saying that we are here also for the lab, the impact of which we will not see until after ER. So, for those of you numbers and detail oriented people, here are my stats from today with comparatives:

Left Ovary:
This cycle: 18mm, 12mm, 9mm. 5.6mm
Last cycle (cancelled): 18mm 8.5mm 7.5mm, 7mm
Last cycle in Canada: 13mm, 7mm

Right Ovary:
This cycle: 17.5mm, 15mm, 12.3mm, 12mm, 11.1mm, 10.5mm, 5mm
Last cycle (cancelled): 17.3mm, 13.5mm, 10mm, 9mm
Last cycle in Canada: 17mm, 15mm, 15mm, 13mm, 11mm, 11mm, 8mm, 8mm

It's very interesting that my last cycle in Canada had me on whopper stims of 600 units/day and I seem to be doing about the same, which supports what CCRM told me - that amounts >450 units/day are not proven to be beneficial. I think the whopper stims fried my eggs last time so I am hoping that this time, we will have better quality. They're estimating that we'll get between 6-8 eggs this cycle and I really hope that they're all mature and they all fertilize. Cross your fingers!!

I had lunch yesterday with Mangymutt and Mom2beASAP from IVFC yesterday and what a fun time that was! We met at around 11:30am and didn't leave the restaurant until 5pm when they politely told us they were starting dinner service!! The time just flew by and it was great to sit and chat with both of them and trade experiences.

I have also been chatting with the plebotomist that has been drawing my blood every day at CCRM and she has been telling me the funniest stories! She told me today that the fainters mostly tend to be the men (haha - but not my DH...he was a real trooper and didn't blink at all with all the vials of blood they've taken from him) and that she really has to baby them (i.e. fully recline the chair, give them juice, etc) and that it can take up to 40 minutes to draw 2 vials of blood! One poor guy was so nervous he soaked through his whole t-shirt in his anxiety over having blood drawn! Yesterday, we were talking about the colour of blood and if there are various shades she sees (mine was dark red, well oxidized she told me). She she said that sometimes, the blood serum that is spun out can vary if the person has high cholesterol. Blood serum s/b a yellowish colour, kind of like the colour of a custard but when someone has high cholesterol, that turns the blood serum white - ewwww! Interesting things you can learn chatting with the people at CCRM.

As for Dr. Sch, I have yet to even see him walking the hallways of CCRM. My ER is estimated to be on Sunday or Monday so I don't even know if I will meet him this time. If anyone else is potentially doing ER this weekend, Dr. Surry is the one who will be doing it.

That's it for now - will update with hormone levels later. I'm down for daily monitoring now so we're really into the crunch time now.

**********************************

Update:
My hormone levels came back today and E2 has continued to rise while P4 and LH have stayed the same. I was worried about potential breakthrough ovulation b/c I have had a lot of CM the last few days (sorry - TMI I know) but my nurse said that it would be very, very unusual to have breakthrough ovulation while on Cetrotide. I was worried because I know you can have breakthrough ovulation on BCP and Lupron so I wanted to make sure that this couldn't happen on Cetrotide.

So, today's hormones are:
E2=847
P4=0.4
LH=1.3

11 comments:

Jill M. said...

Looking good! Still rooting you on over here on the sidelines. =)

Kris said...

It looks like things are progressing well! When will your DH fly out to Denver?

Isn't it fun when you can meet up with people whom you have met online? We have a group of MN girls that met on IVFC and we get together every couple of months for breakfast.

Yep, eeewwww white blood serum? Yuck!

I can't wait to hear your fert report!!

Anonymous said...

Seems like everything is moving along PERFECTLY. And yes, you should remember you are at the best lab in the country. I can't wait for your ER and fert. report. Glad you are enjoying yourself out there! Hugs!

Josée Martens said...

I'm with DH! You are there for the protocol but also that amazing lab!!! Sounds like you are having a lot of fun up there in Colorado. I'll be joining you friday!

I'll bet my serum is white. ewwww indeed.

last cycle, i never saw dr. schoolie. not once.

Sky said...

Everything seems to be going well. I'm thrilled for you, truly. :)

Sue said...

Ewww...I've heard that about the cholesterol thing. The nurse at my old RE's office said that happened with a patient- started spinning it and almost all of the blood separated into white creamy stuff. She said it was gross!

Great report so far! You are chugging along! I think you may be the one to break the recent bad luck at CCRM thing!!!!

JJ said...

It really is interesting what you find out when chatting with the CCRM staff. I didn't know about the serum going white (yuck!), but I imagined it's the men who are worse about giving blood. My brother always passes out. How great you got to meet some of the fellow IVFCers! I was lucky enough to meet the lovely Nikki on ER day, but I'd just woken up so I'm sure I didn't make much sense....

Rooting for continued great progress!

Polly Gamwich said...

I am so jealous that you get to meet those lovely ladies from IVFC!! I wish I actually cycled at CCRM this month - I would have begged for an invite.

Ok, wow, I'm so glad you said something about dropping from 600iu/day to 450iu/day ... because Schooly has in the works for me a similar change: from 600iu to 300iu ... YIKES! and I'm nervous. I'm glad to see things are going so well for you. Also, is this different for you: when I was doing 600iu it was all FSH product: Follistim. But with CCRM it's FSH + FSH/LH product: Follistim + Menopur.

Looking forward to your ER and fert report soon!!

DAVs said...

Sounds like things are rolling right along! And for what it's worth, all that CM is because of the high estrogen and all the FSH, so don't worry about it. I always had it and never ovulated early.
Everything is crossed!

momsoon said...

Just so you know, cuz I know you have nothing else on your mind right now ;0, You have won an award on my last post...GL tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

I commented up top with my IRL name ;) Can't wait to hear how you are progressing.