Sunday, March 8, 2009

Tomorrow is ER!

I triggered last night. My estrogen had shot up to over 3300 which bodes well for some mature follies right? The general rule of thumb is that each mature follie will generate about 200 units of estrogen so if we do the math, we should have more than we've ever had in the past. DH is betting on 16...I'm being more conservative and betting on 12 but we shall see. They still only measured about 9 follies >10mm so I'm hoping that they missed some and there are some lurking in the back that they can't see. Otherwise, maybe some of the smaller ones will give up some of their eggs?? I sure didn't miss the IM shots and that trigger shot brought back memories of doing those all cycle long since my doctor in Canada preferred IM shots over subcuntaneous shots. Today was a wonderful injection free day so I truly enjoyed it!

I'm nervous...I am getting to the point where I don't care if they just retrieve 9 eggs if they're ALL mature and if they ALL fertilize :). Only time will tell.

Thank you everyone for all of your thoughts and comments and all of the support you have given to me through this cycle. It is so nice to know that I have my own little cheering squad who are thinking good thoughts for me. I have had the pleasure of meeting up with some of the women from IVFC and am hoping to meet up with MamaSoon from blog world on Tuesday. These gatherings are so wonderful and I feel really lucky to have found all of you.

I probably won't blog again until Tuesday and hopefully will have some great news from the fert report. Everyone cross your fingers please!!

11 comments:

R said...

My fingers and my toes are crossed for lots of mature eggs...And I'm praying that ALL of them fertilize. So excited for you.

Kris said...

I always had more eggs retrieved than what they saw on u/s and it was such a nice,unexpected surprise:)

GL tomorrow! I hope you get the "right" egg and that you have some left over to freeze. Come on, follies, be mature and strong!!!

DAVs said...

Yay for triggering! Sending you all the positive vibes I can muster for a great retrieval and fertilization report. Rest up!

JJ said...

Good luck, girl!!!!!

Josée Martens said...

Yippee!!!! I can't wait for your report. And I'll get to see you soon too!!! Good luck tomorrow. Enjoy the warm air blanket. :-)

Sue said...

Yay! I can't wait to hear your report! Good luck tomorrow...as MamaSoon said, that warm air blanket is a treat:-) I hope you get lots of perfectly mature eggs!

momsoon said...

A HUGE prayer going out for an easy and abundant ER & fert. report!!!!!
Go eggs go!!! Enjoy the blanky + feel good pills, come on, after all the hard work it's not a bad combo??!! Let us know as soon as you can...Peace.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I hope your ER went well today. Sending you lots of positive thoughts for some great looking eggies. Thanks for your personal message. Sorry I am just getting to it. I can't wait to hear about your ER! Rest up and enjoy the happy pills :)

Jill M. said...

Best wishes today on ER!!! Sending you lots of mature egg vibes! Can't wait to hear your #s.

Soko's Journey to Parenthood said...

I hope all went well today. Stay positive and keep us posted.

I will be praying for you.

Tracy