Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Let's Play a Game...

I've been a downer lately - chalk it up to the looooooong wait for microarray results and the crashing hormones after ER with no ET. Today is 16 days post biopsy so another 4 weeks to go. Ugh.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to play a little game, totally made up and thought up in my mind and probably a reflection of how unstable I feel these days. So if the rules don't make sense, put it down to the hormones okay?

So here's the game. When I am cycling or trying to get pregnant the old fashioned way (by doing the BD ladies...yes, rumour has it that some people actually do get pregnant by doing the BD), I get all superstitious. If someone helps me along the way, I am so grateful that I often think to myself "I'm going to name my kid after you"! Last cycle, before I left for Denver, I actually qualified for local radio contest to win a trip for 2 for Breakfast in Barbados. You know, the contests where they qualify the first 5 callers starting with the 25th caller for the draw the next morning...I was caller 30 so I finally qualified after years and years of trying (hmmm...years and years of trying...why does that sound familiar??). Anyway, I didn't win the trip, but the act of actually qualifying for the draw was so exciting and I thought to myself, "I'm going to name my kid after you [the radio DJ] because this is an indication of more good things to come right?!".

As I have said before, I am so grateful for all of the wonderful people I have met in Blogland and for the outlet this gives me to express all of my emotions. In honour of my gratitude, let's all pretend that we're going to name our kids with the help of the blogger "word verification" (the sometimes real, sometimes made up nonsensical letters they randomly put together to fool the spam software out there) that needs to be typed in before you can submit a comment :).

You get 3 tries to get a word you like and then you have to answer the following questions:

1. What did blogger name your kid?
2. Is it a boy's or girl's name?
3. What does it mean (make it up if you have to - extra points for being creative!! extra extra points if you can tie it back to IF and TTC!!) and how do you say it (make this up too if it's a funny looking word!)?

Good luck to you all and I hope Blogger word verification is kind to all of us!

***********************************

I posted on someone else's blog this AM and I'm going to use that verification word as an example:
1. What did blogger name your kid? CYLOWNH
2. Is it a boy's or girl's name? Girl
3. What does it mean and how do you say it? It's pronounced with a soft "c" at the beginning so it sounds like the "s" in the word "soft". SIGH-LONE. It means "force to be reckoned with" as its origins are from the word "cyclone"!

19 comments:

ME! said...

LOL!!!
Blogger would name my child: Chicyss
It is a:Girl
What does it mean/how to pronounce it: CHI-sus- the second c is soft, and emphysis on the first sylable. It is the ancient world's goddess of womanhood and fertility.(CHICK-US) LOL I think this name was chosen so the my daughter doesn't have to deal with what I am!!!!

ME! said...

Although my second child would be:Cablegup
A Boy
Meaning...he is bound to be a stand-up comedian.

This could go on forever!!

Emily said...

This is fun!

It's a: Girl!
Name: Mideva
Pronounced: Mid Eva
Meaning: Well, Eva means "life" and mid is "middle" - which means I either have a few more years of IF ahead of me before my MIDLIFE baby or she is going to be "My Diva" :)

Emily said...

Oh, I have to play again!

It's a: GIRL!

Name: Merse

Pronounced: Mercy

Meaning: "Thanks" - origin - french. Or Thank You for showing me MERCY and letting me conceive! LOL!

kayjay said...

You guys are cracking me up! I wasn't sure if you'd all think I was nuts but I'm glad you're having fun too!! Lorza - loved the goddess of fertility CHICK-US! and Emily, one day I too hope to have my own diva! Keep playing!

Blogger name: Anatrat
It's a: Girl!
Meaning: now I know everyone is honing in on the "rat" at the end but let's make the final "t" silent so it's pronounced "an-NATRA" with the emphasis on the second syllable. It means "of nature or occurring naturally" (har har)

DAVs said...

Well, mine is PERFECT.
It's 'retro.' Seriously. As in, my parents are SO OLD and RETRO because they had me when they were so old. Har har.
It's unisex.

Kris said...

LOL! I LOVE this!! It is always nice to have humor along the journey of IF:)

1. bastoub
2. A Boy
3. pronounced bas-TOUB. Kind of like a bathtub, but with extra emphasis on the "tub" as in I soak my feet in a warm tub every night to help circulation to my uterus.

R said...

Well I'm gonna play too... I guess since I'm pupo, blogger is naming my IP's baby. (sorry H and G)
Name: Caliell
Sex: Girl
Pronounced (CA- Eal) Hard C silent l .
means: Patient and kind

ME! said...

LOL I Had to play one more time for third child. SOOOO GLAD I DID!!!

Name: Polyseed (I can't make this up- seriously)
Gender:Girl
How to pronounce/meaning: um, Polyseed/ juxtapostion to the fact that my husband has NO SEED. HARDY HAR HAR. Poor sweet poly.

Jill M. said...

LOL, this is funny!

Ok, my first word was siestris and when I used Google's dictionary "define: siestris", no definitions were found... uh, what does that tell me??? No children for me?

Trying again... my second word is "auggesa"... Google says no definition. What the crap???

Forget that, I'm trying again, thanks for giving us 3 tries!

"aectiv"... no definition found... I'm going to cry!!!! Ok, well I failed IVF 3 times, maybe those were my non-existent IVF babies.

Now this one will be my future baby... come on... give me a good one... and the winner is... "dyeracco"... no definition. I'm going to cry.

kayjay said...

Jill M - we're totally making up the meanings so really, the names can be defined as anything you want. I'll clarify in the rules :). Let's do one of the "names" you got -"augessa"...this could be a girl's name and mean Goddess of the month of August :). Try another one!

Jill M. said...

Ok, so I'm a retard, I was wondering why I was the only one that couldn't find a definition to my words. I had no idea you guys were just making it up.

Anyway, I'm now trying again...

Blogger has named my child: Peacure
It is a: Girl
It is pronounced: Pee-a-cure
Its meaning: a little pea in a pod with a purpose of curing a broken heart.

Emily said...

I'm back to play some more!

It's a: BOY!
Name: Cosbonin
Pronounced: CUZ Bone In
Meaning - IVF "Cause bone'n didn't work"

LOL!!!!

I love Jill M's!

kayjay said...

Jill M - that's the spirit!

Emily - I'm laughing so hard there are tears in my eyes!!!

Name: Soador
It's a: Boy!
Meaning: this kid will be so adored when he finally arrives

Jill M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill M. said...

I chose to delete mine above, it was pretty bad and I didn't feel right about it. I did modify to be a little more fitting:
----------------------------------
Emily, that is HILARIOUS! I bust out laughing at Cosbonin!!!!

Ok, I just had to play again, and I admit I had to hit refresh a few times to find one that I could actually work with.

Name: Comanaf
Its a: Boy
Meaning:
1. Getting knocked up in CO by the MAN (aka wizard) costing me A Fortune.
2. It also means put me in a COMA Now if AF shows.

Sue said...

I have yet to play this game but I'm having fun thinking about it (just going crazy with mom here and stuff...so it's taking me forever). I wanted to write to answer your comment on my blog - last cycle (first cycle after IVF) I didn't get my LH surge until CD20!!!! I am like clockwork on day 13 (I mean when we first started trying I only used 1-2 OPK sticks every month b/c why bother when it was always CD13). So, yup, my cycle is off...and I am on PB8 probiotics, colace, started activia (more probiotics) and fiber supplements - can you believe this digestive thing is what caused my back pain? I've really messed up my body! Sorry you are going through it too!

momsoon said...

Ha! here goes:
I think I am having twins:
1) Bondia, a boy, means 'longed for'
and
2) Evabless, a girl, means "gods promise"...

Yup, Bond & Eva, sounds good to me.
Thanks KayJay & Blogger!!!!!

R said...

Just came by to read all the "blogger baby names" oh yeah and to play again (little bored from bed rest...lol)
Okay here goes
Name: Spanplor
Pronounced San-lor (p's are silent) Danish name meaning: Very real, Full of life.