Monday, March 2, 2009

Second Ultrasound

So I have been stimming for 6 days (including today) and went in for my second u/s this AM and things are looking good! In comparison to my other cycles where I was on whopper stims (600 units a day), things are going slower but that is a good thing since I've noticed that all the follies coming along are hovering around the same size. In past cycles, I've had huge disparities between the biggest and the smallest follies ranging from 15mm to 6mm and this time, largest follie is 13mm and smallest one measured is 9mm so they're nice and close in size.


So here are the results from today's u/s:


This Cycle:
Left Ovary: 13mm, 9mm, 9mm
Right Ovary: 12mm, 10mm, 10mm, 9mm, 9mm

Last Cycle (cancelled due to cyst):
Left Ovary: 16.4mm, 5.7mm, 5.2mm
Right Ovary: 11.8mm, 10.2mm, 7mm, 4.7mm

Last Cycle in Canada:
Left Ovary: 11mm, 6mm
Right Ovary: 15mm, 12mm, 12mm, 11mm, 11mm, 9mm, 7mm, 7mm, 7mm

In hindsight, it seems now that we definitely made the right decision to cancel the cycle in November as the results are already much better than what we had then. The u/s tech was still saying that it was early and there were some small ones she didn't bother measuring so they could come along. So, it looks like there are 8 good follies coming along at this point. Yay!

At this point, I'm not sure if I will have to go back in for another check tomorrow b/c they may let me ride until Wednesday. We shall see what my E2 and P4 numbers come back at later on today. Other than that, I've been enjoying the wonderful weather in Denver, the bright blue skies and sunshine. I've been able to meet up with some of the girls that I've been chatting with on IVFC and just relaxing, giving my body the rest it needs to keep growing follies!

************************************

Update - I didn't get my hormone levels today since I wasn't at the hotel when the call came through but they are starting me on Cetrotide today which means that my LH must have started to surge. It is CD8 today and I usually have my LH surge on CD11. I also saw some CM today so everything lines up with the beginnings of an LH surge. I am a little concerned that the Cetrotide will slow things down a bit but we'll have to see. I'm not going in tomorrow but will be back in on Wednesday for another check.

6 comments:

DAVs said...

Hooray for good growth at a similar rate! Keep the good news coming!

Anonymous said...

This is great news!!! You give me such hope. I too am doing the EPP protocol. I tend to have my follies all whacked out and measuring so far apart. Stay strong and think great thoughts. You are recruiting the best follies!

Jill M. said...

Awesome!!! I definitely think you made the right decision to cancel last time. I'm still here rooting you on!!! Grow follies!

Kris said...

Grow, follies, grow! What a great second ultrasound. It looks like this cycle is going to be a lot better than your canceled cycle. Isn't nice to have confirmation that you made the right decision? Woohoo!

Sue said...

That's great! I'm glad you are taking it easy - grow, follies, grow!!!! (eat lots of protein!). Enjoy that weather! I miss it already.

Josée Martens said...

this is so exciting. you seem to be responding super super well. your follies look great too. Goooooooo girl! Isn't the centrocide there to help keep you from ovulating while they continue to grow and mature slowly and beautifully? GOOD LUCK!